The number of things I start and abruptly stop is startling. I have trouble sticking with t.v. shows, workout regimens, cooking, and all kinds of hobbies. I always like to imagine what I would be like if I got into a good habit and did each of these activities consistently. You know, maybe if I kept at cooking for a year, I could become the next Master Chef. It almost never works out that way, though.
Except here. I’ve been working on Mox and Socks for a year now. I count January 30 as my blogiversary, since that was the day I made a real commitment to this space, saying, “the rest of my life begins here: doing something I really enjoy, and doing it all on my own.”
I had no idea what blogging was going to be like, back then, but I learned so many things about myself and I can’t wait to discover more this year! Here are a few highlights:
- I can commit to a hobby for at least a year. As some of you might know, I’ve struggled a lot with wanting to quit, but I’m very happy to say that Mox and Socks isn’t going anywhere!
- I’m a decent photographer. This is a huge shock to me. When I used to work in an antiques store, one of my duties was to take pictures of our stock. I was so bad at it that my boss decided to do it all herself. Somehow, I’ve managed to take some pictures this year that I’m really proud of, and I can’t wait to keep improving.
- The blogging community is incredibly supportive and helpful. Going back to point one, I honestly don’t think I would have kept going without you.
- My outfit preferences have changed quite a lot. I now lean toward vintage and vintage-inspired clothing more than ever before. My biggest change, though, came as a result of reading Messages on a Napkin–your basics should always have a little something extra. I’ve incorporated that philosophy into the way I style my clothes, and it seems to add a perfectly personal touch to each outfit.
- I love doing my hair! A year ago, I would leave my hair in a tumbling mess, but now I have so much fun braiding, twisting, curling, and bunning it. Expect to see lots more hair tutorials in the future!
I’ve already listed some blogging goals for the year during my New Year’s resolution post (here), so I won’t go into those now. Suffice it to say, I’m excited to see what my second year of blogging will bring!
How long have you guys been blogging? Any anniversaries coming up?
Tights: Urban Outfitters (sold out)
Shoes: ModCloth (sold out)
Bag: ModCloth (sold out)