Happy New Year’s Eve, guys! As an old person trapped in a young person’s body, I don’t usually go all-out for NYE. Tonight’s plans are limited to video games and a little champagne with my best friend, then it’s back home to sleep in with Mox.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to get a little fancy! I have yet to pick out which dress I want to wear, but I do know I’ll be styling up my hair in this bun. I’ve been working on the technique for a few weeks, and now it’s finally ready for you! Here’s how to get the look–all you need are two hair ties, a handful of pins, and an old sock that matches your hair color.
- Put your hair in a high ponytail.
- Cut off the toe of your sock and roll it up into a donut. Slip this sock-donut right over the ponytail.
- Spread out your hair evenly. Try to look as silly as possible.
- Using your other hair tie, fit it over the sock-donut.
- Take little pieces of the hair that’s sticking out and twist it.
- Wrap the twist around the bun and pin it in.
There you have it! You can add bows and bandannas and whatever else you like, or just keep it simple.
What are your plans for NYE? And more importantly, what will you be wearing?